Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just in time

My family is coming to Europe over winter break! They arrive in Rome today, and I'm suppose to fly to Rome to meet them.  I went out with a friend from the States last night, but responsible me decided to come home early to finish packing and a project. Good thing I did too, because I had absolutely no sleep. Packing for 2.5 weeks of traveling in a small carry-on is more time consuming than it looks! (I made an excel sheet for my outfits, anything worn less than 3 times gets left behind :D.)

Well I had some mishaps traveling this morning, what's new.

I left my house 4 hours before my flight departs, which I thought was more than enough time to get to an airport that is an hour away. Well the transportation system of southern Belgium decided to go on strike a wee bit earlier than planned. No trains were available. Now to plan B. 

Bus into Brussels, another to the center of Brussels. An hour long taxi to the airport.

I really appreciate the taxi driver doing some illegal moves to get me to the airport on time!  I got to the airport 10 minutes before the gate closed. :) Luck strikes again.



xoxo,
Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment