Sunday, November 27, 2011

How to be a Parisian


Outside the Louvre
1st stop: Louvre

Louvre wing
To be a Parisian, you first need to have knowledge of the extensive art works located at the Louvre along with the numerous museums located in Paris. If you wanted to absorb every piece of art in the Louvre, you would need some good walking shoes, a sleeping bag, and enough food to feed an army. The Louvre is GIGANTIC; four hours can easily seem like four minutes. Personally, I don’t enjoy traditional art as much as contemporary art.  I wanted to see more modern art, but we ran out of time to visit the contemporary art museums along the Reine.

2nd stop: French Wine Tasting


Wine tasting batcave
Menu for the night
Second, a Parisian would never be tricked to pay a ridiculous price for a bottle of wine. So to learn more about the art of French wine, Kirsten and I decided to go to a wine tasting. There are numerous regions in France that produce wine: Champagne, Bourdeaux, Loire, Sud-Ouest, Bourgogne, Languedoc, the list goes on. Northern France produces white wines; southern France produces red wines. From the 6 glasses I had, my favorite French wine is the Sancerre.  




3rd stop: Tour Eiffel

I think the Eiffel Tower is the most recognizable monument in the world. When people think of Paris, they think of the Eiffel Tower. I’ve seen many photos of the tower in the day, but not as many at night. It was a cloudy night, so the sight was quite eerie.


Kiki's first snail!













4th stop: French food
In the morning we already had our French breakfast, which consist of a croissant, a cappuccino, and freshly squeeze orange juice. Kirsten never had French snails before, so we went to dinner for her to try les escargots, les frites, and la crème brulée.



 
Before our last stop, I suddenly realized that I didn’t have my digital camera! I assumed a sketchy Parisian pickpocketed my camera on the public transport. Luckily, when I called the restaurant, the manager had found it and was waiting for me to come back to get it. As usual, I had lost something, and some nice European found it to give it back to me. Losing things sure does get old. Sigh.




xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment