Sunday, October 9, 2011

London Baby!

After class on Thursday, I took the train into Brussels, where I met 2 of my friends, Haven and Megan. On our train ride through the Chunnel, we happen to sit next to an American visiting Europe for business. He was so thrilled to sit next to other Americans, and so annoyed that his company stuck him in second class that he decided to buy all of us dinner and drinks! Lucky us. :)





We finally arrived in London around 9 pm. Haven had a friend named Tony, who had a flat we could stay at. After our brief introductions, we quickly got ready to have a taste of London’s Nightlife.

Candy store in Harrods

Friday

Our first stop of the day was Harrods. Harrods is London’s largest department store, running a few blocks long. Not only does Harrods’ contain a variety of retail stores, it also has a variety of restaurants. We ate brunch at a nice, cute French tearoom.






Skipping around in Green Park
Next we took a lovely stroll through Green Park. Green Park is one of many royal parks in London. Since you get to experience the changing colors of the leaves, I have to say that autumn has to be my favorite season of the year.
Buckingham Palace


Then we did a bunch of touristy activities such as visiting Buckingham Palace, Winchester Abbey, Picadilly Circle and the Big Bend Tower.




Winchester Cathedral














Buckhingham Palace: Unfortunately, I didn't get to go pass the gates. On the other hand, the British flag was waving high in the sky that day, which means the Queen was present.

Winchester Abbey: I think once you've seen one, you've seen them all. I'm not a huge fan of Cathedrals, but the Winchester Cathedral is a must see. If you're not familiar with this site, it was used as a film set in "The Da Vinci Code."

Picadilly Circle: People say it's the Time square of London.

Exhausted, we took the tube back to the flat. We ordered in sushi for dinner, and took quick power naps to get ready for, as the boys would call it, our “posh” night.

Saturday

There’s nothing better than a real English breakfast. I ordered the “Big Bend Breakfast,” which consist of 2 fried eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, hash browns, and buttered toast. For those who know me quite well, it’s not a surprise if I told you I finished that and ordered a side of soup too. :D

Around nighttime, the girls and I attended the “Legally Blonde” Musical. It was extremely entertaining, and I highly recommend everyone to go see it. 

After the Musical, we were up for another round of night 1 and 2.



xoxo,
Amy


1 comment: