Monday, October 3, 2011

Nuit Blanche in Brussels

“Nuit Blanche,” translated to “White Night,” happens once a year in populous cities such as Brussels, London, and Paris. This year Nuit Blanche was held on Saturday, the first of October. The true definition of the word, “Nuit Blanche,” is to stay up all night. The night consists of contemporary art shows, fashion shows, and a series of parties. (I didn't end up taking any photos of the actual art shows since I didn't want to lose my camera throughout the night.)



Shopping

To get ready for the art shows and parties, the girls and I went to do a bit of shopping down on the strip.  


The Hero statue










Then off to touch the Hero at the Grand Place for some good luck. There's parts you can touch for good luck in life, love, academics, and for Asians! Lucky me that I'm Asian and a student, I get to touch 2 extra parts haha.  :)







Delirium Cafe

Then off to pregame at Delirium, which is this bar that has the largest variety of beer in Belgium and possibly the world. There's this large book at the bar with a list of over 2000 brands of beer from over 60 countries. 











Although the whole idea was to stay up all night for Nuit Blanche, I went to bed by 3am. I guess I'm just use to establishments closing by 2am. 



xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment