Friday, September 30, 2011

School is in Session. Finally.


My class schedule this semester
It’s September 30th, and I am officially registered for classes! I’m ecstatic to finally start school, especially after having 5 months of summer vacation. I’ve been to a few preview sessions, which are classes in the first 2 weeks that give an overview of the course. Although the professors might not show up for these, you can still receive information regarding the class.

My business classes are taught in English; my art history class is taught in French. The Belgian education system is slightly different than that of the States’. I attend each class once a week for 2 hours each, which means I’m getting 12 hours of credit for 8 hours of work! Although I attend school less, I’m getting the feeling that these classes are going to be more difficult, since all the students in my business classes are a few years older, and working on their Masters.

Speaking of age, in the international pool/all the friends I’ve made, it looks like I’m the youngest. Everyone coming to study at LSM is around the age of 24 or so, which is fine because in Belgium, I seem to get along with that age best.

I don’t know if it’s in all of Europe, but people here are just more young, and carefree than people in the US. It must be the lack of stress, and the lack of work that causes the Belgian people to be more fresh and lively.

Luckily, I can assimilate well into this type of attitude ;)




xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment