Monday, September 12, 2011

The Big Apple

New York is an extremely busy place. People work hard and party hard. It’s unbelievable where these people get their energy! The term "southern hospitality" doesn't exist in the northeast, nor does the phrase "smelling the roses."  Regardless, it didn't stop me from doing outdoor activities.

Central Park

I spent my Friday afternoon riding bikes and eating hotdogs at Central Park with my dear friend Raul. 



Jacqueline Onassis Reservoir


(From left to right) Chase, Anna, Monica, Raul, and Me
Friday night my wonderful sister and brother-in-law flew in to say goodbye one last time. We had delicious Korean barbeque at this place called Hanbat. My lovely cousins from New York City, and Philadelphia came to join us too!



Saturday Night we went to this comedy show in the lower east side. Then drinks with friends and family at the Mandarin Oriental.




Little girl playing in the stream at Highline Park.

Sunday Brunch at Eatery. Then off for a stroll and some people-watching at Highline Park.



Highline Park is a park that was constructed on an abandon elevated railway. The plants that are here, are the natural flora that you would find throughout Manhattan.





The new WTC under construction.

A little bit of shopping and then a visit to the new World Trade Center in remembrance of 9/11. Interesting fact: the new WTC will be standing at 1776 feet, symbolizing the date of America's independence.




After a long day, I decided to get a tarot card reading. I know it's silly, but there's a first time for everything! Supposedly I have a very bright future. I live into my late 80's, have a prosperous career, get married to an intelligent and successful man in my late 20's, never divorced, and have twin boys and 1 girl. There's other things that she mentioned, but that basically summarizes my "future." Sounds a little too good to be true, but who knows. ;)

Off to do some packing for my flight to Brussels tomorrow!


xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment