Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

My first Belgian waffle with chocolate and bananas!
While everyone is signing up for classes, AND attending these classes, I’m still worried about finding an accommodation. If you want to get anything done here, it has to be done sequentially; and the first step is getting a housing contract. Without a housing contract, you can’t register with the school, or notify the city you’re in town, or open a bank account; the list goes on.

I’ve camped outside the lodgment office quite a few days already, and if anyone were in my shoes they would have probably given up already. I didn’t want to give up after putting in so much effort, so I camped out on Monday at 5pm. The services open at 10am the next day. The shocking part about all of this is not that I went at 5pm, but that there were ALREADY 6 people ahead of me when I arrived.

If you think that sounds bad, that’s not even the worst part. I was walking around town that same day and my wallet fell out of my pocket. It had about 200 euros, my passport, my credit/debit cards, and all my identification cards. Luckily, I had copies of my important documents to get the housing accommodation. 

All I need is a nice belgian waffle with some chocolate to make my day better :)

xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment